Intellectual and industrial property law
ThinkSmartLaw is a leader of the Spanish market. The intellectual and industrial property department protects the interests of large and middle size companies in all kind of sectors. We stand out for being recognized as experts in negotiation, contractual and pre-contractual matters, as well as in representing clients in complex judicial proceedings. Our advice has a strategic vision and a markedly commercial vocation, which brings added value to our clients.
Some of our areas of practice include:
- Protection of national and international trademarks, designs, patents, business secrets and know how.
- Industrial property contracts (assignments, licenses, co-ownership agreements, collaboration agreements).
- Representation in all types of intellectual/industrial property and unfair competition suits (infringement, nullity, expiration, actions against violations of copyrights, product imitation, exploitation of other’s reputation/efforts).
- Piracy and proceedings before the Customs Authorities.
- Protection of intangible assets (copyrights) as software, among others.
- Consultancy in relation to the fulfilment of regulations relating to advertising.
- Intellectual property contracts in all types of sectors (assignments of rights, licenses, collective works, co-ownership) such as audiovisual, music, visual arts, podcasts, video games, publishing or performing acts, among others.
- Negotiation of royalties with management entities.
- Advice related to the right to honor, privacy and self-image.
- Art law and cultural heritage.
- Confidentiality and technology transfer agreements.
- Intellectual and industrial property in the field of technology (virtual reality, 3D printing, NFT’s, metaverse, AI).